There are many new features in SMART Notebook 15. Useful features for everyone include:
Courses that use Math or Statistics may find useful:
Courses for Education might want to include the functionality of:
This link will give you a short overview of the new features in SMART Notebook 15.
This link will give you full documentation for SMART Notebook 15 (230 pages!)
Notebook 15 is installed on classroom computers by OIT. If you need a copy of SMART Notebook 15 installed on your office computer, please contact OIT to request the license key. We have a limited number of licenses for this software. Once you have received the license key:
Go to the smarttech.com website to download SMART Notebook 15:
Enter the license key
Save the file to your Desktop or Downloads folder (remember which). It will take several minutes to save.
After the file (****.exe) is saved, double click on it to start the Install Wizard. Follow the instructions:
- It will tell you that this is a Trial Version good for only 90 days. Install it anyway
- Accept the license Agreement
- Install into the default folder
- Do not click on any extra products, install just Smart Notebook and Smart Product Drivers
- On the Startup Options tab, you will want to Unclick Smart Board Tools if you do not wish for these to show every time you reboot your computer.
- Do not click “make SMART Ink Document viewer the default PDF viewer”.
- Unclick Enable the Customer Service Experience.
- Unclick the Galleries if you will not use them. They are very large and take a long long time to install.
- Do not add in any languages if you will only need English.
- Click on Install.
- After the install, you might have to reboot your machine.
- Start Smart Notebook. You will get a prompt to “enter license” and put the license key in again there
Education Students may download free older versions of SMART Notebook.
Click on the blue Download box.
When asked if you have a license, say Yes. Fill in your information, using Mary Baldwin as your Organization, College/University as your Industry and using your Mary Baldwin email address. Leave NO checked so SMART won’t send you emails advertising their products.
Contact OIT for the license and make sure you tell them you need the older, unlimited license number.
Due to the specialty Lab Software, the Gallery is not mapped the same way in Wenger 402 as it is in other classrooms. To find the Gallery, click on the Gallery Icon, then the little wrench. Choose Connect to Team Content and then browse in the Y Drife for the Computer, Lab Data, SMART2015, Gallery Essentials folder and click on OK.
If you use your SMART Notebook presentation in Full Screen Mode, you’ll want to take advantage of the available real estate. If the monitor you are using is 4:3, and the SMARTboard you are using is 16:9, when your presentation is shown your slide may be truncated, or you may see the entire slide, but the left and right side of the slide will be filled in with gray, unusable space.
If you click on View, Full Screen Border, you can choose the size of the SMARTboard you will be using (See table below for what size SMARTboard is in which room) and you can size your presentation accordingly.
|4:3 Board||16:10 Board||16:9 Board|