- Fire Safety Training (mandatory training per Clery Act) – download PowerPoint
- Top 10 Code Violations
- Student Code of Conduct and Fire Safety
- Evacuation Plans (note: also posted in buildings)
- Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences Evacuation Plans
In community living styles fire safety is very important. It is important to know evacuation routes, what to do in the case of a fire or fire alarm, as well as what you can do to protect yourself and your colleagues from a potential fire. This page is dedicated to fire safety education at Mary Baldwin University. Please explore the links to the right for further information. For questions or concerns please contact Campus Safety at 540-887-7000.
If you see fire or smell smoke in a building do the following:
- Evacuate the building,
- Pull the fire alarm while evacuating (there is normally a pull station at every exit).
- Report to the building assembly point area.
- Dial 911 from a cell phone let the dispatcher know the location and any details you can give about the incident.
- When personnel arrive on scene let them know what you know, and if you know of anyone who may be trapped or missing. DO NOT re-enter the building until given clearance from the Fire Department or a Campus Safety Officer on scene.