Recruit at MBU
We are excited to partner with organizations across the country and around the world to connect MBU students with opportunities aligned with their goals and purpose. Mary Baldwin University develops students who become positive, powerful, agents of change in communities all over the world.
Mary Baldwin University’s small seminars, Capstone projects, real-world criteria, and one-on-one student/professor relationships result in a student population that is confident, articulate, dependable, motivated, and resourceful.
How to Recruit at MBU
Employers are invited to visit the campus, set up information tables, and interview students for jobs or internships. We will be happy to work with you to design a recruiting strategy that best fits your needs and your schedule. Create your Handshake profile now and connect with us!
Posting Jobs and Internships
Below are some frequently asked questions from employers. For student FAQs, click here.
What is Handshake?
Handshake is MBU’s new recruiting platform for undergraduate students and alumni. As an employer, you will be able to post job/internship listings, register for career fairs, manage on-grounds interviewing, and much more!
How do I create an employer profile on Handshake?
To create an employer account, begin by visiting app.joinhandshake.com and then selecting Sign up for an account. You will then be guided through the registration process (make sure to select ‘Employer’ when prompted for the type of account you are creating).
You can find more tips for creating an employer account on Handshake’s Support Page
How do I create a company profile in Handshake?
Follow ‘Handshake’s How-To Guide’ to create your profile.
How do I post an opportunity in Handshake?
- Make sure that you have submitted an approval request to the school that you would like to post a job for.
- Start by selecting the Jobs tab on the left side of the navigation bar to bring up the Jobs Overview page.
- Next, select New Job in the upper right corner of the page. After filling out as many of the fields as you can, select Create Job.
- You can then specify job qualifications to match the job up with qualified students at the University. Make sure to click Update Qualifications after completing this form.
- At the Job Summary page, you are able to see an overview of all of the information you just filled out for your job. On the left side of the page you will see a Post to Schools dropdown menu. Make sure that Mary Baldwin University is selected.
How do request and manage an interview schedule in Handshake?
- Click Interviews on the left navigation bar
- Click the Request Interview Schedule tab in the upper right corner.
- Fill out the basics section of the form.
- Use the step-by-step buttons (or the Next button) at the bottom of the screen to move to the next step: Qualifications. You have two options for qualifications to an interview schedule:
- Click Timeline or Next at the bottom of the screen to move to the next step.
- Select Request
- Your interview schedule will now be sent to the university you selected in the Basics section. Depending on the permissions you have at the school, the interview will be automatically approved or it will go into a pending status at the University. You will be notified when your schedule has been approved or declined. To learn more about the roles a school can assign, read “What are the list of permissions a school can assign?“
More information on requesting an interview schedule can be found on Handshake’s Support Page.
“I have had an amazing experience with the Vantage Point this year. Being able to take advantage of the many jobs that are offered has made the post-graduation process much easier!
A.C., Class of 2016